Tuesday, January 29, 2013

All About Me

 My name is Emilie spelled with a "y" but I like it spelled with "ie". I am a pretty laid back person. I enjoy just relaxing at home by myself with my kitten and boyfriend. I do hang out with friends, but I have always been a "to myself" person. Ever since I can remember I have always wanted to be a teacher. When I was a child I used to pretend to read books to a class. My homework always got done because I would pretend to be teaching a class. That helped me learn too! So I would say I was born to be a teacher. I have been teaching in daycare centers since I was sixteen and I am almost twenty-six. I would like to teach second grade though.

I am a transfer student from HACC in Harrisburg, PA. I studied Elementary Education there so I am a transfer student. While I was at HACC I took a class that required twenty hours of field experience in an elementary school, not daycare. Being in a second grade classroom was such a neat experience. I loved seeing the kids' daily routine and being a part of what they were learning in school. The teacher used a smartboard to teach but that was as high tech as she got. One of my teachers at HACC always showed us videos related to class material. One that I found interesting was people's lack of really paying attention to things around them, called change blindness.


I was fascinated by this phenomena when my teacher showed this clip in class. I think technology in the classroom is a great idea. I know it helps me learn and in our world of technology it only makes sense that we are teaching children how to use it as well as have it in the classroom. My friend's daughter's class has an iPad station in her classroom which I thought was very clever! I am very passionate about teaching and it seems as though technology is making it easier to teach students which makes me excited to learn myself so I can use it in my classroom!

7 comments:

  1. The y and ie thing is pretty funny haha. that video blew my mind it made me start thinking about how much i actually notice things and how much i actually notice

    ReplyDelete
  2. the post was very good it told me a lot about you and the video was sweet. I learned about that in my psych class its crazy haha I liked your post and video a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE MY CATS!!! thats awesome that you like your kitten. You should post a picture. And that video is crazy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you like your name with an "ie" better. You should legally change it to that! I can relate to you because ever since I can remember, I too wanted to be a teacher. I ALWAYS used to play "school" growing up. One more thing, that video blew my mind! I probably would not have payed attention to the switch that those guys did either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of an Ipad station! I think that sometimes we take for granted that everyone has these resources available to them, and while most do, there are still many who do not. The children that do not have access to all the technology are the ones who need it the most, the more we can add into our classroom the better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your post summed up who you are well. I feel like I know you know and we have never met. I am doing a Field Experience class now with 110 hours in third and fourth grade and it is amazing. I also work at a day care, but I think that I really like the upper elementary grade now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lot of experience working at daycare and It's great that you noticed in observation the highest technology they used in class was the smart board. I think we are all accustomed to think that using just a smart board and Ipads are the only technology we can use. After this class we will learn other ways we can incorporate technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete